NINE RED Presents…(CIC) main aims and objectives are to respond to the needs of our local community and support and enhance the lives of socially disadvantaged groups, including victims of abuse. This is achieved by running community projects which provide skill attainment, education, artistic pursuits and counselling. Each project stems from our company’s ethos.
The AVS Project. Designed and ran by survivors of Domestic Violence, Sexual Violence and Rape. The Abuse Victim Support Project provides a holistic package of emotional and practical support to both men & women who are dealing with domestic violence, sexual abuse and rape; whether that is something that’s happening now or has happened in the past; we provide immediate and free one to one counselling for individuals, in safe and secure surroundings.
- AVS Counselling Service:- Provides free and confidential, weekly one on one counselling in a comfortable environment, by CRB checked counsellors, specifically trained to work with victims of all forms of abuse, for as long as needed, in a location chosen by the client (home or office).
- AVS Counsellor Training:-Provides a 12 week training course for individuals working with this client group.
- “Darkness makes sense” and “In The Light” are healing arts programmes that work in tandem with our A.V.S. project and encourages abuse victims to participate in various art forms as a means of recovery and coming to terms with the devastating and long term effects that abuse has on its victims.
- “In The Light performance group” using carnivals, festivals and other art and culture events as a vehicle to disseminate information packs. Having strong and confident individuals who have survived abuse available to participate in the festivities as part of the carnival parade, festival performance or Art work display at these events. This helps to raise awareness and increase public understanding of the long term effects of such abuse. At each of these events counsellors specifically trained in dealing with abuse victims are on site to inform individuals of help provided and help individuals to identify causes and effects of abuse in the wider society.
- “ParkFest for AVS” annual community festival that raises community awareness of the damage that domestic violence, sexual abuse and rape can cause to a person and their families; highlights local service providers appropriate to this client group.
- The Darkness Makes Sense” healing arts group, uses visual arts and exhibitions to heal and educate through artistic expression.
Diverse Britain. NINE RED Presents… (CIC) are keen to promote cultural diversity in the local community through art exhibitions, seminars, events, publications and workshops. We have a social aim based around bringing the community together to discover and enjoy cultural and diverse art. Art is an important tool for expression, learning, therapy and healing. We use our artistic skills to interact, inspire and promote cultural diversity. NINE RED Presents… (CIC) supports local community groups, schools and organisations, by providing cultural and diverse art services that celebrates the diverse heritage of Great Britain.
The Photo Shop . NRP produces: Photo Mosaics, Photo Montages, Photo Collates on DVD, Documentaries and short films, stereogram’s (magic eye pictures)
Visual and Digital art and design service . NRP provides low-cost graphic design service to local community groups producing: – Logos, Flyers, Poster, Brochures, Admission and Raffle tickets.
Event and Project Management Service. NRP provides a full range of event and project management services, from special occasions to community projects and fundraising events.
Sound with a Vision… A unique performance style that is an explosive blend of Sound, Colour and Movement, engages the audience with an experience beyond the action on stage. It is sound with a vision to promote holistic well being. Sound to inspire, motivate and entertain. More than sound with a visual stimulus, the mixture of Spoken Word, Music, Visual and Performing Arts portrays philosophies in the vernacular of today. Portrays our Vision:-“That each individual in society, irrespective of race, ethnic origin, gender, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, creed, disability, age, religion or political belief has the right to be and to provide; inspiration, motivation and achieve emotional, physical, mental and spiritual well being.”