Our Keep Shining Project uses creative arts as therapy’s to help heal and soothe the emotional and mental health effects of abuse or reduce the symptoms in mental health conditions by using various therapies.
- Candle making
- Soap making
- Jewellery making,
- Making handbags, fruit bowls and candle holders,
- Photo Mosaics
- Spoken Word/Poetry
- DJ and Music Production
- 3D Design and Printing
- And a variety of art forms
Creative arts therapy offer a powerful way to explore experiences, communicate perspectives, connect with others, bridge differences, and inspire dialogue on key issues in a manner that draws people in.
Engaging with the arts is also a creative and safe way to help people cope with stress, illness, trauma, addiction and other concerns. Whether creating a simple drawing or collage, looking at art or talking about it, the arts can help you:
- Express thoughts and emotions that can be hard to put into words
- Lower stress and anxiety
- Relax and feel calmer and happier
- Find meaning in life experiences
- Connect with your deeper self, no matter what you are going through
- Form new connections with others
- Create something unique that gives you a sense of pleasure and accomplishment
Nine Red recognises the value of the arts in enhancing our clients quality of life. We also take pride in collaborating with community partners to produce and exhibit community-created artwork.